bugsprout: I only answered #2 here as I got the other prompts in separate asks. :) This isn’t what I’m currently wearing anymore though because I’m so slowww with posting art.
Oxley gets to wear my pjs (it’s getting a little chilly in Sydney lately so I’ve taken to wearing my hooded blanket, lol). Zacria is wearing the outfit I wore while running errands the other day. They both somehow make my clothes seem more glamorous than the reality….
ox and zac are fantastic and i love the art you draw of your buggy duo. I was curious if there was any story to them?? if so i would love if you explained it!! (im sorry if this sounds rude, its a-ok to have ocs just for the sake of it too!!!) —Anonymous
Eek sorry for not answering this for a while, but there is definitely a story to them that I’m nearly finished writing! I actually intend to launch a webcomic about Oxley and Zacria by the second half of this year, so excited! It’s super fab and 80’s, just as you would expect of anything that I have created. >:3c
I MISS PUTTING OXLEY ON YOUR DASH I miss drawing my baby. T_T They are my heart n soul….. Shining star, my muse………………….
I tweet doodles sometimes at least, so here is a page of Oxley bust sketches from a few days ago just for you :3c (trying hard to get back into the swing of things!!) They angle of these are a bit wonky as I just took a photo of my sketchbook on my lap, aha.
(I have a habit of inking things even if I’ve scribbled out the sketch and written “NO” all over it, hence the….disaster Oxley on the bottom-right, haha.)
These images are all out of order bc this post was getting too long, sorry! :’)
4. Lineart or coloring? I prefer colouring, I feel like my lineart is really messy and unrefined? I wish I was better at inking! Most of my “lineart” tends to look like the example above. I usually block in things messily while inking and then paint over it!
7. Do you have any OCs? MAN I do but I mostly just draw my babies Oxley and Zacria. There are a few other characters associated with them like Lalu, Yendi and Egon, and some older OCs of mine like Umbriel, Augustine and Markus….I have sooo many OCs that I don’t talk about that often aha.
8. Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites? YESSSS I love listening to music when I draw (and in general). I mostly listen to 80’s synthpop and new wave, it’s my absolute fave music… Some of my favourite bands are Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Japan, a-ha and Ultravox! Also Pet Shop Boys, Bananarama and Madonna. I’ve been listening to a lot of modern pop too bc it’s fun, lots of Rihanna, Janelle and Gaga lol.
9. Favorite thing to draw? My OCs are obviously my favourite things to draw. I love painting patterns especially animal print mmm. Fashion is a joy to draw, I adore drawing shoes! Haha. I don’t draw them very often but I’ve been enjoying painting backgrounds lately, I must draw them more often!
11. Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now. It’s a lazy Sunday
12. Any weird artist behaviour you admit doing? I’m not sure if I have any?? I guess I get self-conscious if people can see me drawing hence why I never do livesteams… That’s not really a weird behaviour though. Sometimes I pout while drawing? Lmao.
Ty guys for sending asks for this meme, it was fun! :)
1. Take a picture of your workspace. I don’t currently have a desk so I’ve just taken over our couch, HAHA. I haven’t been doing anything other than digital art lately either so this is all that I need… (tiny Oxley rag-doll says hello).
3. Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a “doodle” it is. My MU from FE:A…I’ve been getting back into playing it, haha. I’ve been working on a few other things too but I can’t show them yet!
5. Who/what inspires you? My housemates/bffs Jenni and Bel…Also so many of my friends on tumblr/twitter (I would list them all but I don’t want to miss anyone, sob). Some of my other fave modern artists are Tadahiro Uesugi and Yoshitaka Amano. I’m really inspired by fashion, I love clothes and shoes heh. Music is a huge inspiration to me, especially 80’s synthpop and trashy pop, but that’s a given if you know me. My personal/inspiration blog gives a better idea of everything, haha.
6. Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand. DISASTER.
I completely forgot to upload the second batch of Beetlecorn adoptables I made to tumblr! These have all been claimed/sold already, thank you to everyone who was interested in them. I need to finish up my third batch and the species reference for them, I’d intended to a month ago but Feb was pretty rocky for me and I just never got the time! :(
I’ve only mentioned it on deviantart I think, but Beetlecorns are very small…They range in size from a large cat to a small sheep, and imagining a swarm of them is just too cute. (There are several sub-species, including larger variations and Beetlecorns with multiple horns, gotta write about them sometime!)
These are kind of boring, but the first was all that I could bring myself to draw this week and the last two have been sitting around since december…I’ve had a pretty terrible week, and am finding it hard to draw for enjoyment atm. Oh well, things will get better! :’D